If you have a PAN card, then be ready to pay a penalty of 10 thousand rupees, if it is not link to Aadhaar before June 30. The last date to link PAN to Aadhaar is 30 June. A notification in this regard issued under Section 272B of the Income Tax Act of the Income Tax Department. PAN card and Aadhar card linking. PAN and Aadhar link video guide.
The deadline was first on 31 March
Earlier, the last date for linking Aadhaar with PAN card was 31 March 2020. But due to the lockdown caused by the coronavirus epidemic. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has extended its last date to June 30. Apart from this, the Aadhar card is also necessary for making the PAN card. PAN and Aadhar link tutorial.
PAN card will be cancel
According to the income tax law, if both the cards are not link, then after 30th June, the PAN card will be cancel. Along with this, a fine of Rs 10 thousand will also be charge. Therefore, link it to Aadhaar in 15 days. PAN card and Aadhar card linking.
How to check whether PAN and AADHAR linked or not?
- Go to the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Go to the ‘Quick links’ head at the top and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- After this, a new page will open on the screen.
- There will be a link on the top of the page, which will be written in English if you have already requested to link Aadhar then click here to know the status.
- After clicking on the hyperlink you will have to enter your PAN and AADHAR card details.
- Then click on the request to link Aadhar and know the status of linking.
- In this result, you can find out whether your PAN is linked to your Aadhar or not.
How to link PAN card and Aadhar card?
- Visit the income-tax e filing website.
- On the left side of the site page, you will find the option of quick links.
- Here you have to click on the ‘Link Aadhar’ option.
- Here you have to enter your PAN, Aadhar number, and name.
- After giving this information, you will be sent an OTP.
- After entering OTP, your Aadhar and PAN will be linked.
- Keep in mind that the income-tax department cross-checks your details whether your Aadhar and PAN information is valid or not.
- Done, your PAN card will be linked to your Aadhar card.
Video of linking PAN to Aadhar, A guide for PAN and Aadhar link